Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm thankful that you're here.

Today I am feeling so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life.  The friends that just understand what The Husband and I are trying to do, and don't pressure us into spending money we don't have.  We are learning to reevaluate our ways to entertain.  More cooking at home for friends rather than going out, and I've found that when I put love into my food and cook for them, I am so happy when they are pleased with what I've prepared for them.  They also tend to be more appreciative of the food when it's been prepared by me.  They know I worked hard, they know I did it for them, and we both receive satisfaction from that.  Who knew dinner parties could be so enjoyable (especially when your guests help you do the dishes!).  Life really is about the company you keep, not the things you keep.  I'm determined to remind myself of that as much as possible.  That super cute pair of boots that I don't need will not bring me fulfillment, but the wonderful people in my life sure as heck will, and that's what matters!  Happy Thursday everyone, I'm so glad you're here with me.

No comments: